Student Ministry Policies and Procedures
Of all places, churches must be the safest and most trustworthy environments for children and youth. From our Caregiver Qualification Process to procedures that prevent anyone from having an opportunity to do harm to policies that protect children from exposure to food allergies, we strive to do all we can to make sure everyone in our care is safe.
The info and links below are provided to both parents/guardians and prospective caregivers.
All adult caregiver applicants (18 and older) must go through the process below in order to serve in either our Children's or Youth Ministries.
1. Complete the Student Ministries Interest Form (linked below).
2. Provide two personal references and submit to a background check. The background check is conducted by a third-party vendor (protectmyministry.com) who utilizes an online form to collect personal information used to confirm identity and checks records databases for any matches indicating a prior record of criminal activity or sexual abuse.
3. Sign a Personal Commitment Statement.
4. View Caregivers policy training videos and complete the associated quiz with a satisfactory grade (70%).
5. Attend a training session for the ministry role for which they are applying.
6. View online training videos concerning potential abuse awareness and complete the associated quiz with a satisfactory grade (70%).